The National Federation of Business and Professional Women’s Club was founded on July 16, 1919, in Kentucky by Lena Madesin Phillips. The Joplin chapter of the club was organized on March 18, 1929. This collection encompasses the documents of the Joplin Business and Professional Women's Club from the 1940s through the 2010s. The collection includes correspondence, scrapbooks, financial information, event documents, member information, club rules and standards, meeting notes, music, event scripts/programs, pamphlets, award information and information about the work the club did in the community.
In July of 2021 the HIST 483: Archival Collections & Methods class at Missouri Southern State University worked this collection. The collection was divided among the students of the class to organize and describe. The following exhibit is created by these students.
Exhibit curated by Kira Bortz, Rick Brewer, Baron Eastin, Madelyn Enlow, Kelie Henderson, Claire Loy, Joshua Newhouse, John Rauch, Sara Sargent, Jacey Vangel and Duke Wagner, with the assistance of Whitney Hamm, 2021-07.
All images are the property of Missouri Southern State University. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reproduction and use rights.
This site is maintained by the librarians of George A. Spiva Library.
If you have a question or comment about the Library's LibGuides, please contact the site administrator.