Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Collection Number: SC#32
Merrell Junkins Collection
Scope and Content
This collection includes copies of reports from the Community Profile Project by the Office of Economic Opportunity in the 1960s, covering various counties in Missouri, including Jasper County, McDonald County, Newton County and Barton County. This collection also includes economic statistics for the area from 1959 through 1966, a poverty analyses for various counties in Missouri, including Bates County, Henry County, Cedar County, Vernon County, and St. Clair County, by Merrell Junkins.
Office of Economic Opportunity
Donated by Merrell Junkins in 1985. Merrell Junkins was a Missouri Southern Psychology professor.
- “Introduction” paper (14 pages)
- March 10, 1972 - “Instructions for Completing Regional Plan For Developmental Disabilities Regions” booklets (84 pages)
- “Median Family Income in Missouri, 1959 and 1966” statistic papers
- 1966 – “Office of Economic Opportunity – Information Center: Community Profile Project, Barton County” report
- 1966 – “Office of Economic Opportunity – Information Center: Community Profile Project, Newton County” report
- “Office of Economic Opportunity – Information Center: Community Profile Project, McDonald” report
- “Office of Economic Opportunity – Information Center: Community Profile Project, Jasper County” report
This site is maintained by the librarians of George A. Spiva Library.
If you have a question or comment about the Library's LibGuides, please contact the site administrator.