Newspapers and other News Resources LibGuide
This guide provides access to current and historic newspapers found in library subscription databases and links to other news resources online.
Print newspapers are available in the library on the display shelf closest to the Reference desk.
1. Go to: Historical Newspapers: The New York Times with Index Database
2. Select the Publications tab
3. Select the title of the newspapers listed that corresponds to the date range in which your birthday falls. For most people this will be option #3.
4. On the resulting Publication page, find the Browse specific issues area.
5. Click on the + sign next to the decade in which you were born to see all years of that decade. Then click on the + sign next to your birth year and month. Finally click on the tab listing your exact birth date (mon/day/year).
The articles are displayed alphabetically by title starting with page one of the newspaper.
6. Clicking on the article title or Full text - PDF link will allow you to see a high resolution image of that specific article only.
7. On the resulting page, you have the option to click on to see a scan of the entire page of the newspaper as it was published on that day.
"8 East-West Nations to Set Up Center on Technology Problems." New York Times (1923-Current file): 1. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times (1851-2007) with Index (1851-1993). Oct 14 1971. Web. 14 Oct. 2011 <http://search.proquest.com/docview/119206444?accountid=12570>.
This site is maintained by the librarians of George A. Spiva Library.
If you have a question or comment about the Library's LibGuides, please contact the site administrator.