It's often very hard to know just where to start when you've been given an essay topic or assignment. This LibGuide will help you through the research process.
In particular, you will learn how to:
- choose a topic if one isn't supplied
- find relevant keywords to use in your search
- create a search strategy plan
- evaluate your search results
- document your findings
CSU Libraries Five Steps to Better Research
Click on image below to view 2-3 minute tutorial from Colorado State University Libraries that covers
- How do I formulate a research question?
- How can I find other ways to search for my topic?
- How can I make the research process quicker and easier?
This tutorial requires the free Macromedia Flash (version 5 or higher) player.