Skip to main content
Collection Number: SC#45
Eugene Hayes Collection
Scope and Content
Newspaper clippings from 1939-1940, about Native American artifact finds and Native American history.
Kansas City Star
Kansas City Times
Donated by Eugene Hayes in 1986.
Preview the Collection
"Last Indian Massacre in Kansas Recalled Vividly By A Witness," The Kansas City Times, May 8, 1939
- Undated – “Trace of Ancient Indians”
- Undated – “A Find May Be Legendary Council Chamber of the Navajo Tribal Gods”
- Undated – “Rich Pageant of Kansas City’s Past has been Preserved by Collectors”
- August 16 – The Kansas City Times, “Range Rider With Bow and Arrow Set the Pace for American Cowboy”
- August 21, 1938 – The Kansas City Star, “Modern Indian Serves His People as Artist”
- May 5, 1939 – The Kansas City Star, “Indian Medicine Lore”
- May 8, 1939 – The Kansas City Times, “Last Indian Massacre in Kansas Recalled vividly by a witness
- Feb. 4, 1940 – The Joplin Globe, “Workers Unearthing Indian Relics Before Grand River Lake Is Formed
This site is maintained by the librarians of George A. Spiva Library.
If you have a question or comment about the Library's LibGuides, please contact the site administrator.