In order for students, faculty and staff to search in and access items within subscription databases from off-campus we have to allow them permissions through our proxy server. Basically, a system is put into place to 'trick' the device (computer, tablet, iphone, etc.) into believing it is on campus.
Students need to be prompted to submit their Missouri Southern credentials to be able to access these subscription resources. Therefore, any links you place in your BlackBoard course sites must have our school's proxy URL (http://ezproxy.mssu.edu:2048/login?url=) in front of the resource (database) URL.
The easiest way to make sure you have the correct URL that is integrated with our proxy server is to copy its link location.
1. On the library homepage: http://www.mssu.edu/library/ click link found in the Summon Search box.
2. Scroll down the list until you find the title of the database you wish to link from your BlackBoard Course Site.
3. Right mouse click on the title of the database. Then click, 'Copy Link Location'
4. Navigate to the content area in BlackBoard you wish to add the link.
5. Use the 'Build Content' Tab to select, Web Link.
6. Use Ctrl + V key to paste link into URL field
7. Fill out other fields as appropriate. Hit Submit.
Your chosen database should now be listed(and linked) in your course content for students to view.
This site is maintained by the librarians of George A. Spiva Library.
If you have a question or comment about the Library's LibGuides, please contact the site administrator.